Research Master's Programs - International Relations with specialization in Regional and Global Political Economy 2020
Type of training:
Academic Master with research background
First year of subjects, second year preparation and presentation of thesis
Train professionals with the theoretical and methodological skills necessary to understand and explain the dynamics of current and past international events and processes and inform decision-making processes, international negotiations, research and teaching in the area of International Relations. The mention in regional and global political economy places special emphasis on the international political economy of the Latin American and global region, and its related themes.
Who is it for?
The master's degree is aimed at applicants from the broad field of Social Sciences, journalism, information and law. The program will accept applicants from other training fields that accredit professional experience as officials or employees of international organizations, the diplomatic service and teachers of the public and private sector, as well as foreign policy analysts.
This master's degree trains and prepares professionals specialized in International Relations, especially in the field of international political economy in the region and the world so that they can develop their future research as part of teaching in the public and private sector, to enter the working world beyond state institutions, international organizations, private enterprises and private and public research centers. In addition, it will allow them to be prepared to continue in doctoral courses at any national and international academic center.
Curriculum structureTo obtain the master's degree, students must study and pass ten subjects and three workshops for the preparation and presentation of thesis.
|Formación general||Pensamiento político|
|Teorías del desarrollo|
|Teoría e historia de las Relaciones Internacionales|
|Especialización||Economía política internacional|
|Economía política comparada|
|Regionalismo y globalización
||Métodos cualitativos aplicados a las Relaciones Internacionales|
|Métodos cuantitativos aplicados a las Relaciones Internacionales|
|Taller de tesis
||Taller de tesis I, II y III
|Optativas del programa**||Política exterior
en América Latina
|Financiamiento para el desarrollo|
|Estado, nación y globalización|
|Análisis del discurso político|
** The students in addition can choose for the set of courses that offer FLACSO's different educational programs.
Lines of investigation
- Globalization and Regionalism
- Foreign policy
- International political economy
- Third level degree in the field of international relations, or in some area of social sciences such as political science, sociology, history, economics or law, conferred by a duly accredited institution of higher education.
- Ability to read and understand texts in English.
- Have the means to finance the studies and study them with due dedication.
- Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
- Comply with all the specific requirements of the teaching program to which you apply and those indicated in the 'Application process' section of the online application form.
All applicants will enter a selection process. Through the website: www.flacso.edu.ec, applicants must complete the application online, attach all required documentation and send it to FLACSO Ecuador. Selected applicants will be interviewed by FLACSO professors.
Scholarships and discounts
FLACSO Ecuador has a stipend scholarship and financial assistance
policy for students admitted to their teaching programs. The policy is
governed by socioeconomic criteria and academic excellence. We have
affirmative action policies for applicants belonging to historically
- Presentation of admission application: until June 26, 2020
- Academic aptitude test: July 3
- Admission test: July 6
- Interviews with pre-selected: from July 8 to 21
- Selection information: until August 20
- Confirmation of acceptance: until September 3
- Registrations: September 21 to October 2
- Extraordinary registrations: October 5 to 16
- Classes start: October 19, 2020
CostRegistration fee: $ 500
Annual tuition fee: $ 3750
Scholarships, tuition discounts and deferred payment up to 30 installments without interest.
Students who pay tuition in cash have a discount of 10% (only in case of pay in cash or in check, with credit card discount does not exist).
Students can pay tuition up to 30 monthly installments without interest.
Students can pay tuition with credit cards, three months interest free or twelve months with interests.
Information:Teacher: Raúl Salgado - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant: Vanessa Bonilla - email@example.com
- Bonilla Adrián, Ph.D. in International Relations, University of Miami, USA
- Cerbino Mauro, Ph.D. in Urban Anthropology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- Chavero Palmira, Ph.D. in Communication Science and Sociology, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
- Estay Jaime, Ph.D. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México - Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, México
- Mouly Cécile, Ph.D. in International Studies, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Ponce Juan, Ph.D. in Development Studies, Institute of Social Studies, Holland
- Quiliconi Cintia, Ph.D. in Political Science and International Relations, University of Southern California, USA
- Ramos Isabel, Ph.D. in Social Science, National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Rivera Fredy, Ph.D. in Sociology, National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Salgado Raúl, Ph.D. in Political Science and International Studies, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Sel Susana, Ph.D. University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Vivares Ernesto, Ph.D. in Politics, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
Full and associate professors
- Barrios Luis, Ph.D Universidad Carlos Albizu, Puerto Rico - City University of New York, USA
- Cabrera Lester, Doctor en Estudios Internacionales, FLACSO Ecuador
- Carranza César, Ph.D. (c) FLACSO Ecuador
- Casado Fernando, Dr. Universidad de La Laguna, España
- Follari Roberto, Ph.D. National University of San Luis, Argentina - National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Helleiner Eric, Ph.D. London School of Economics, Reino Unido - Balsillie School of International Affairs, Canadá
- Herrera Lorena, Dra. FLACSO Ecuador
- Jaramillo Grace, Ph.D. Queen´s University, Canadá - University of British Columbia, Canadá
- Lechini Gladys, Dra. Universidad de Sao Paulo, Brasil - Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
- Marroquín Amparo, Ph.D. Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas, El Salvador
- Montenegro Adriana, Dra. FLACSO Ecuador
- Morasso Carla, Dra. Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina – Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
- Ravenhill John, Ph.D. University of California, EEUU - University of Waterloo, Canadá
- Shaw Timothy, Ph.D. Princeton University, EEUU - Universidad de Massachusetts, Boston, EEUU
- Tussie Diana, Ph.D. London School of Economics, Reino Unido - FLACSO Argentina
- Vásquez Werner, Dr. FLACSO Ecuador