Research Master's Programs - Public Policies 2020
Type of training:Academic Master with research background
Face-to-face modality:First year of subjects, second year preparation and presentation of thesis
Who is it for?
Graduate students from the disciplines of Social Sciences (Political Science, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, Law, Management, International Relations), or related branches. Researchers or people who already have professional experience in public, private or associative sector, who wish to analyze certain aspects for the development of research or for the improvement of their professional activities in the field of public policy.
Researcher specialized in public policy and governance issues. University professor in public policies. Advisor in public policies for central government agencies, sciences agencies, nongovernmental organizations, cooperation agencies and other public and private organizations.
Curriculum structureTo obtain the master's degree, students must study and pass ten subjects and three workshops for the preparation and presentation of thesis.
Class scheduleMonday to Friday from 07h00 to 09h00. Some courses can be taught from Monday to Thursday from 17h00 to 20h00.
|Formación general||Teorías de las políticas públicas|
|Teorías del Estado
|Diseño de políticas públicas
|Redes de políticas públicas|
|Sociología de las organizaciones|
||Métodos de análisis cualitativo|
|Métodos de análisis cuantitativo|
|Talleres de tesis||Taller de tesis I, II y III|
|Optativas del programa**
|Problemas de políticas tecnológicas|
|Políticas públicas comparadas|
|Sociología de la acción pública
|Teorías del desarrollo|
|Economía y finanzas públicas|
* Certain matters might be subject to changes.
** The students in addition can choose for the set of courses that offer FLACSO's different educational programs.
Lines of investigation
- State, constitution and rights
- Policy Networks
- Design of public policies
- Social policies and development
- Sociology of public action
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification by a duly certified higher education institution.
- Ability to read and understand texts in English.
- Have the means to finance the studies and study them with due dedication.
- Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
- Comply with all the specific requirements of the teaching
program to which you apply and those indicated in the 'Application
of the online application form.
All applicants will enter a selection process. Through the website: www.flacso.edu.ec, applicants must complete the application online, attach all required documentation and send it to FLACSO Ecuador. Selected applicants will be interviewed by FLACSO professors.
Scholarships and discounts
FLACSO Ecuador has a stipend scholarship and financial assistance
policy for students admitted to their teaching programs. The policy is
governed by socioeconomic criteria and academic excellence. We have
affirmative action policies for applicants belonging to historically
- Presentation of admission application: until June 26, 2020
- Academic aptitude test: July 3
- Interviews with pre-selected: from July 8 to 21
- Selection information: until August 20
- Confirmation of acceptance: until September 3
- Registrations: September 21 to October 2
- Extraordinary registrations: October 5 to 16
- Classes start: October 19, 2020
CostRegistration fee: $ 500
Annual cost tuition: : $ 3750
Scholarships, tuition discounts and deferred payment up to 30 installments without interest.
Students who pay tuition in cash have a discount of 10% (only in case of pay in cash or in check, with credit card discount does not exist).
Students can pay tuition up to 30 monthly installments without interest.
Students can pay tuition with credit cards, three months interest free or twelve months with interests.
Information:Profesora: Margarita Manosalvas - firstname.lastname@example.org
Asistente: Cristina Manosalvas - email@example.com
- Albornoz María Belén, Ph.D. en Social Sciences, National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Barrera Augusto, Dr. Universidad Complutense de Madrid, España
- Cabrera Barona Pablo, Dr. en Ciencias Naturales, Universidad de Salzburgo, Austria
- Córdova Marco, Ph.D. in Social Science with specialization in Andean Studies, FLACSO Ecuador
- Durán Gustavo, Ph.D. in Urban Studies, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Espinosa Betty, Ph.D. in Economical Science and Management, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Fontaine Guillaume, Ph.D. in Sociology, University Paris III, Post-doctorate in Political Science, Sciences Po, France
- Janoschka Michael, Ph.D. University of Frankfurt, Alemania - FLACSO Ecuador
- Manosalvas Margarita, Dra. en Ciencias Sociales con especialización en Estudios Políticos, FLACSO Ecuador
- Mejía Andrés, Ph.D. University of Notre Dame, EEUU
- Narváez Iván, Ph.D. in Law, Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador
- Sabatini Francisco, Ph.D. University of California at San Francisco, EEUU
- Subirats Joan, Dr. Universidad de Barcelona, España
Full and associate professors
- Barba Solano Carlos, Dr. Universidad de Guadalajara, México - Universidad de Guadalajara, México
- Beach Derek, Ph.D. University of Southern Denmark - Aarhus University, Dinamarca
- Lora-Tamayo Marta, Dra. Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia-UNED, España - UNED
- Martí Marc, Ph.D. in Public Policy and Social Transformation, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Périlleux Thomas, Dr. EHESS, París, Francia - Universidad Católica de Lovaina, Bélgica
- Peters Guy, Ph.D. Michigan State University, EEUU -University of Pittsburgh, EEUU
- Roth André-Noél, Dr. Université de Genève, Suiza - Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Thomas Hernán, Dr. Universidad de Campinas, Brasil - Universidad Nacional de Quilmes, Argentina
- Tronco José del, Dr. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México - FLACSO México