Research Master's Programs - Gender and development 2020
Type of training:
Academic Master with research background
First year of subjects, second year preparation and presentation of thesis
This master's degree aims to strengthen spaces for production, reflection and transmission of knowledge about gender inequalities in Latin American societies and their manifestations in institutions, practices and social identities.
Who is it for?
People interested in research on gender inequalities at their intersections with other power lines in social and political spaces and practices in Ecuador and Latin America. Professionals of the Social Sciences and Humanities involved in the formulation and design of gender equity policies in the region.
The people who take this master's degree can be successfully incorporated into the academic world as teachers and researchers. In addition, they can be inserted in development activities and social policies promoted by the public sector at the sectional and national levels, as well as in the work of non-governmental organizations and international organizations.
Curriculum structureTo obtain the master's degree, students must study and pass ten subjects and three workshops for the preparation and presentation of thesis.
|Género, globalización y desarrollo
||Género y políticas públicas
|Construcción social de la sexualidad
| Articulaciones de género, raza y clase
||Instrumentos de análisis cualitativos|
|Instrumentos de análisis cuatitativos o Métodos históricos y documentales|
|Talleres de tesis||Taller de tesis I, II y III|
|Optativas del programa**||Género y derechos humanos|
|Género y economía|
|Diversidades sexuales y ciudadanía|
|Movimientos de mujeres en América Latina|
|La construcción social de las masculinidades|
|Debates feministas contemporáneos|
|Género e historia|
* Certain matters might be subject to changes.
** The students in addition can choose for the set of courses that offer FLACSO's different educational programs.
Lines of investigation
- Globalization, social inequalities and migration
- Historical and political sociology
- Gender, subjectivity and citizenship
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification by a duly certified higher education institution.
- Ability to read and understand texts in English.
- Have the means to finance the studies and study them with due dedication.
- Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
- Comply with all the specific requirements of the teaching program to which you apply and those indicated in the 'Application process' section of the online application form.
All applicants will enter a selection process. Through the website: www.flacso.edu.ec, applicants must complete the application online, attach all required documentation and send it to FLACSO Ecuador. Selected applicants will be interviewed by FLACSO professors.
Scholarships and discounts
FLACSO Ecuador has a stipend scholarship and financial assistance
policy for students admitted to their teaching programs. The policy is
governed by socioeconomic criteria and academic excellence. We have
affirmative action policies for applicants belonging to historically
- Presentation of admission application: until June 26, 2020
- Academic aptitude test: July 3
- Interviews with pre-selected: from July 8 to 21
- Selection information: until August 20
- Confirmation of acceptance: until September 3
- Registrations: September 21 to October 2
- Extraordinary registrations: October 5 to 16
- Classes start: October 19, 2020
CostRegistration fee: $ 500
Annual tuition fee: $ 3750
Scholarships, tuition discounts and deferred payment up to 30 installments without interest.
Students who pay tuition in cash have a discount of 10% (only in case of pay in cash or in check, with credit card discount does not exist).
Students can pay tuition up to 30 monthly installments without interest.
Students can pay tuition with credit cards, three months interest free or twelve months with interests.
- Argüello Pazmiño Sofía, Ph.D. Sociology, El Colegio de México, México
- Chiasson-LeBel Thomas, Ph.D. en Ciencias Políticas, York University, Canadá
- Cielo María Cristina, Ph.D. in Sociology, University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Coba Lisset, Ph.D. FLACSO Ecuador
- Coronel Valeria, Ph.D. in History, New York University, USA
- Deere Carmen Diana, Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, EEUU - University of Florida, EEUU/FLACSO Ecuador
- Goetschel Ana María, Ph.D. in Social Science, University of Amsterdam, Holland
- Gómez Carmen, Ph.D. in Political Sociology, EHESS, France
- Herrera Gioconda, Ph.D. in Sociology, Columbia University, USA
- Moreno María, Ph.D. en Antropología, Universidad de Kentucky, EEUU.
- Ortiz Santiago, Ph.D. in Social Sciences, FLACSO Ecuador
- Paris María Dolores, Dra. FLACSO México
- Vega Cristina, Ph.D. in Philology, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
Full and associate professors
- Arroyo Roxana, Dra. Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, España - Universidad de Costa Rica
- Borda Niño Carolina, Ph.D. Social Anthropology and Amerindian Studies, University of Saint Andrews, UK
- Cabezas Gabriela, Dra. Colegio de México
- Maher Mónica, Ph.D. Harvard University, EEUU
- Pontón Jenny, Dra. FLACSO Ecuador - FLACSO Ecuador
- Rivera Liliana, Dra. El Colegio de México-COLMEX
- Rivera Jairo, Dr. (c) FLACSO Ecuador
- Vásquez Jorge Daniel, Ph.D. in Education, Universidad de La Salle, Costa Rica
- Villamediana Virginia, Dra. (c) FLACSO Ecuador
- Zaragocín Sofía, Dra. University of Cambridge, Inglaterra