Research Master's Programs - Philosophy and Social Thought 2016-2018
Career training in philosophy and social sciences in an interdisciplinary, intercultural and contextual perspective for job performance in areas of research, teaching and consultancy specializing in philosophy in dialogue with the social, natural sciences and humanities.
Who is it for?
To professionals in the fields of philosophy, social sciences, natural sciences and humanities with experience and interest in research and teaching with a focus on philosophy and social thought. The Master is open to professionals from various disciplines (doctors, lawyers, biologists, engineers) involved in social, political and cultural processes in a conceptual reflection and systematization of their practices.
CalendarApplication Deadline: May 27, 2016
Entrance exam: June 10, 2016
Interviews, selection and scholarship assignation process: from June 20 to July 1, 2016
Admission information: July 7, 2016
Admission decisions: August 15, 2016
Registration period: from July 8 to September 2, 2016
First day of classes: October 17, 2016
In order to get a Master’s degree, students must complete 64 credits in total, divided in:
- 12 courses of four credits each with a total of 48 credits
- A research workshop of twelve credits
- 4 credits for the production and presentation of the master's thesis.
|Problemas filosóficos moderno-contemporáneos
|Especialización||Pensamiento social latinoamericano
|Filosofía e interculturalidad|
|Historia y pensamiento ambiental
||Prácticas de investigación|
|Talleres de tesis||Taller de tesis I, II y III|
|Optativas del programa**||Pensamiento crítico: Mariátegui y Echeverría|
|Arte contemporáneo en América Latina y el mundo|
|Mito y razón en el pensamiento latinoamericano|
* Certain matters might be subject to changes.
** The students in addition can choose for the set of courses that offer FLACSO's different educational programs.
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification by a duly certified higher education institution.
Grades in previous university studies that average at least 80% of the maximum grade of that institution’s scale.
Exclusive dedication of at least five hours daily to the teaching program.
Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
Proven ability to read and understand texts in English.
All applicants must complete an online form and attach all the required documents. The cost of the application is 30 USD. All applications will be submitted to the corresponding program’s selection process. Selected applicants will be interviewed by FLACSO professors.
- Bermúdez Patricia, Ph.D. in New Technologies, University of Bergen, Norway
- Bretón Víctor, Ph.D. University of Barcelona, Spain
- Bustamante Teodoro, Ph.D. in Human and Natural Environment in Social Sciences, University of Salamanca
- Cerbino Mauro, Ph.D. in Urban Anthropology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- Espinosa Carlos, Ph.D. in History, University of Chicago, USA
- Ferraz Ana Lucía, Ph.D. University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- García Fernando, Dr. en Ciencias Sociales, IDES-Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento, Argentina
- Herrera Gioconda, Ph.D. in Sociology, Columbia University, USA
- Kingman Eduardo, Ph.D. in Urban Anthropology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- Prieto Mercedes, Ph.D. in Anthropology, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
- Salgado Mireya, Ph.D. in Social Science with specialization in Political Studies, FLACSO Ecuador
- Santillán Alfredo, Ph.D. in Social Studies, Universidad Externado de Colombia
- Torres Alicia, Ph.D. in History of the Andes, FLACSO Ecuador
- Uzendoski Michael, Ph.D. in Anthropology, University of Virginia, USA
Full and associate professors
- Abadie Roberto, Ph.D. City University of New York, USA
- Antón Jhon, Ph.D. FLACSO Ecuador
- Burgos Hugo, Ph.D. The University of Iowa, USA - Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
- Cadahia Luciana, Ph.D. in Philosophy of History, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
- Canepa Gisela, Ph.D. University of Chicago, USA - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú
- Carreño Gastón, Ph.D. Universidad de Chile - Universidad Alberto Hurtado, Chile
- Castro Edgardo, Dr. Universidad de Friburgo, Suiza
- Castro-Gómez Santiago, Dr. Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt, Alemania
- Cortez David, Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Vienna, Austria
- Drinot Paulo, Dr. Universidad de Oxford, Inglaterra
- Fornet-Betancourt Raúl, Dr. Universidad de Aachen y Salamanca, Alemania/España
- Grünenfelder Barbara, Ph.D. Cultural Anthropology, City University of New York, USA
- Guerrero Andrés, Honorary Research Fellow, University of Saint Andrews, Scotland
- Jaguaribe Beatriz, Ph.D. Stanford University, USA - Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Kohn Eduardo, Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison, EEUU - McGill University, Canadá
- León Christian, Ph.D. University of Buenos Aires, Argentina - Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador
- Maher Mónica, Ph.D. Harvard University, EEUU
- Polo Rafael, Dr. FLACSO Ecuador - Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Stevenson Lisa, Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, EEUU - McGill University, Canadá
- Tuaza Luis Alberto, Ph.D. FLACSO Ecuador
- Vinolo Stéphane, Dr. Universidad Michel de Montaigne, Francia
- Viteri María Amelia, Ph.D. American University, USA - Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
- Zamorano Gabriela, Ph.D. City University of New York, USA - Colegio de Michoacán, México