Research Master's Programs - Anthropology 2020
Type of training:
Academic Master with research background
First year of subjects, second year preparation and presentation of thesis
To train professionals with solid tools of ethnographic investigation of field, capable of producing knowledge concerning problematic related to the culture, the politics and the power, the globalization, history and the memory in the Latin-American companies.
Likewise, the master´s seeks to strengthen in the students the aptitudes to interpret social, economic and political complex phenomena from anthropologic approaches, reaching to the production of alternatives of development compromised with the respect to the cultural differences and to the social equity.
Who is it for?
It is directed for professionals linked with the field of the social sciences who have interest to improve their capacities for researh, teaching, consultancy and the cultural and intercultural management in topics related to the field of Anthropology.
In addition, the offer gives opening to professionals in fields as medicine, law, ecology, local development, and other academic fields and professional exercise that have experience in topics related to the cultural processes. The program is particularly interested in promoting an intercultural discussion. The postulation of African descent, indigenous and sexually diverse students will be favored.
Academic and applied research, teaching, training, consulting on issues of cultural diversity, development and interculturality, heritage management, museographic projects, among others. The graduates of the master's degree can be inserted into a wide variety of governmental bodies at national and local level, NGOs, research centers, among others, with responsibilities in the design, execution and evaluation of qualitative research.
Curriculum structureTo obtain the master's degree, students must study and pass ten subjects and three workshops for the preparation and presentation of thesis.
|Escoger entre: Antropología e historia urbana, Antropología e historia andina o Antropología e historia amazónica|
|Antropología y economía política|
|Antropología de la globalización|
|Memoria, poder e identidad
||Métodos de análisis cualitativo|
|Talleres de tesis||Taller de tesis I, II y III|
|Optativas del programa**||Antropología y medio ambiente|
|Antropología del género
|Diásporas africanas en las Américas|
|Lengua y cultura kichwa
* Certain matters might be subject to changes.
** The students in addition can choose for the set of courses that offer FLACSO's different educational programs.
Lines of investigation
- Power studies
- Science, knowledge and ontologies
- Environment, borders and territorialities
- Memory, city and everyday life
- Visuality, sensory and Arts
- Race, class, gender and identities
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification by a duly certified higher education institution.
- Ability to read and understand texts in English.
- Have the means to finance the studies and study them with due dedication.
- Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
- Comply with all the specific requirements of the teaching program to which you apply and those indicated in the 'Application process' section
of the online application form.
All applicants will enter a selection process. Through the website: www.flacso.edu.ec, applicants must complete the application online, attach all required documentation and send it to FLACSO Ecuador. Selected applicants will be interviewed by FLACSO professors.
Scholarships and discounts
FLACSO Ecuador has a stipend scholarship and financial assistance policy for students admitted to their teaching programs. The policy is governed by socioeconomic criteria and academic excellence. We have affirmative action policies for applicants belonging to historically excluded groups.
- Presentation of admission application: until June 26 , 2020
- Academic aptitude test: July 3
- Interviews with pre-selected: from July 8 to 21
- Selection information: until August 20
- Confirmation of acceptance: until September 3
- Registrations: September 21 to October 2
- Extraordinary registrations: October 5 to 16
- Classes start: October 19, 2020
CostRegistration fee: $ 500
Annual tuition fee: $ 3750
Scholarships, tuition discounts and deferred payment up to 30 installments without interest.
Students who pay tuition in cash have a discount of 10% (only in case of pay in cash or in check, with credit card discount does not exist).
Students can pay tuition up to 30 monthly installments without interest.
Students can pay tuition with credit cards, three months interest free or twelve months with interests.
Information:Teacher: Alfredo Santillán - email@example.com
Assistant: Marcia Suárez - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ardèvol Elisenda, Dra. en Antropología, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, España
- Bermúdez Patricia, Ph.D. in New Technologies, University of Bergen, Norway
- Bretón Víctor, Ph.D. University of Barcelona, Spain
- Cañizares Esguerra Jorge, University of Texas, USA
- Chauca Roberto, Ph.D. en Historia, University of Florida, Gainesville, EEUU
- Cuvi Nicolás, Ph.D. in Science History, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Ferraz Ana Lucía, Ph.D. University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- García Fernando, Dr. en Ciencias Sociales, IDES-Universidad Nacional de General Sarmiento, Argentina
- Kingman Eduardo, Ph.D. in Urban Anthropology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- Prieto Mercedes, Ph.D. in Anthropology, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
- Salgado Mireya, Ph.D. in Social Science with specialization in Political Studies, FLACSO Ecuador
- Santillán Alfredo, Ph.D. in Social Studies, Universidad Externado de Colombia
- Thurner Mark, Ph.D. University of Florida
- Torres Alicia, Ph.D. in History of the Andes, FLACSO Ecuador
- Troya María Fernanda, Dra. en Antropología, Ecole de Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, EHESS, París, Francia
- Uzendoski Michael, Ph.D. in Anthropology, University of Virginia, USA
Full and associate professors
- Bilhaut Anne-Gaël, Dra. Université Paris X Nanterre, Francia - Instituto Francés de Estudios Andinos, Perú
- Burgos Hugo, Ph.D. The University of Iowa, USA - Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
- Cortez David, Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Vienna, Austria
- Grünenfelder Barbara, Ph.D. Cultural Anthropology, City University of New York, USA
- Hill Michael D., Ph.D. Emory University, EEUU - Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
- Kohn Eduardo, Ph.D. University of Wisconsin-Madison, EEUU - McGill University, Canadá
- León Christian, Ph.D. University of Buenos Aires, Argentina - Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador
- Schlenker Alex, Dr. Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador - Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador
- Stevenson Lisa, Ph.D. University of California, Berkeley, EEUU - McGill University, Canadá
- Tuaza Luis Alberto, Ph.D. FLACSO Ecuador
- Zamorano Gabriela, Ph.D. City University of New York, USA - Colegio de Michoacán, México