Research Master's Programs
|Complete HERE your
Type of training:
Academic Master with research background
First year of subjects, second year preparation and presentation of thesis
FLACSO offers a series of Research Master’s programs in necessary and contemporary topics for the development of Ecuador and other Andean countries. The purpose of the Research Master’s programs is to maintain standards of excellence in postgraduate teaching and link FLACSO Ecuador to the debates and processes of critical national and regional topics. The program exposes students to important professional development, both in the academic and research fields.
- 10 courses both general and specialization
- Three thesis workshops that accompany the master's research
- The preparation of the thesis under the advice of an advisor
- Thesis defense of the Master
|Grading System||FLACSO has a grading system based on a 0 - 10 scale with a minimum grade of 7.1 (71%).
|Academic Regime||FLACSO organizes its academic calendar into seven eight-week modules. In each module, students can take two subjects. From the third module, the students also take the thesis workshop.
The Master's thesis will consist of an individual dissertation, through which the student demonstrates his or her ability to develop a research problem and establish an argument or thesis. Students are required to always work with an advisor assigned by the university, who will accompany the student throughout the process of the development of the project until its final presentation.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification by a duly certified higher education institution.
- Ability to read and understand texts in English.
- Have the means to finance the studies and study them with due dedication.
- Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
- Comply with all the specific requirements of the teaching program to which you apply and those indicated in the 'Application process' section of the online application form.
- Presentation of admission application: until June 19, 2020
- Academic aptitude test: July 3
- Interviews with pre-selected: from July 8 to 21
- Selection information: until August 20
- Confirmation of acceptance: until September 3
- Registrations: September 21 to October 2
- Extraordinary registrations: October 5 to 16
- Classes start: October 19, 2020