Research Master's Programs - International Relations with a specialization in Negotiation and International Cooperation 2019-2021
To train graduates with necessary theoretical and methodological skills in order to understand the dynamics of current international processes and to report processes of decision-making procedures, research and teaching in the field of international studies. The specialization in negotiation and international cooperation emphasizes issues of international cooperation, globalization and integration.
Who is it for?
Graduated students and professionals with tertiary studies in Social Sciences interested in entering the world of international studies through teaching, research or professional practice in any international organization, state institution, non-governmental organization and / or center research. This Master´s program is also directed to officials from international organizations, diplomatic service and foreign policy analysts.
The program prepares specialized professionals in international relations for the exercise in different State institutions, private companies, non-profit organizations, international organizations, etc.
In order to get a Master’s degree, students must complete 64 credits in total, divided in:
- 12 courses of four credits each with a total of 48 credits
- A research workshop of twelve credits
- 4 credits for the production and presentation of the master's thesis.
|Formación general||Teoría social|
|Teorías del desarrollo|
|Especialización||Teoría e historia de las relaciones internacionales|
|Economía política internacional|
|Globalización e integración|
||Métodos cualitativos de investigación aplicados a las relaciones internacionales
|Taller de tesis
||Taller de Tesis I, II y III
|Optativas del programa**||Política exterior
|Estado, nación y globalización|
|Derechos humanos y relaciones internacionales
** The students in addition can choose for the set of courses that offer FLACSO's different educational programs.
Lines of investigation
- Globalization and Regionalism
- Foreign policy
- International political economy
- Third level degree in the field of international relations, or in some area of social sciences such as political science, sociology, history, economics or law, conferred by a duly accredited institution of higher education.
- Ability to read and understand texts in English.
- Have the means to finance the studies and study them with due dedication.
- Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
- Comply with all the specific requirements of the teaching program to which you apply and those indicated in the 'Application process' section of the online application form.
- Pass the master's admission exam (an optional preparatory course will be offered prior to the exam).
All applicants will enter a selection process. Through the website: www.flacso.edu.ec, applicants must complete the application online, attach all required documentation and send it to FLACSO Ecuador. Selected applicants will be interviewed by FLACSO professors.
Stipend scholarships and financial assistance
FLACSO Ecuador has a scholarship and financial assistance policy for students admitted into its Master's programs. The policy is shaped by criteria of academic performance and by the socio-economic situation of the applicants.
- Application Deadline: until May 31, 2019
- Entrance exam: June 15 (saturday)
- Interviews to preselected: from June 24 to July 5
- Admission information: July 18
- Admission decisions: August 15
- Registration period: from September 19 to October 3
- Extraordinary registrations: October 4 to 18
- First day of classes: October 21, 2019
- Bonilla Adrián, Ph.D. in International Relations, University of Miami, USA
- Cerbino Mauro, Ph.D. in Urban Anthropology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- Chavero Palmira, Ph.D. in Communication Science and Sociology, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
- Estay Jaime, Ph.D. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México - Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, México
- Guamán Adoración, Dra. Universidad de Valencia, España
- Mouly Cécile, Ph.D. in International Studies, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Quiliconi Cintia, Ph.D. in Political Science and International Relations, University of Southern California, USA
- Ramos Isabel, Ph.D. in Social Science, National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Rivera Fredy, Ph.D. in Sociology, National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Salgado Raúl, Ph.D. in Political Science and International Studies, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Sel Susana, Ph.D. University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Vásquez Werner, Dr. FLACSO Ecuador
- Vivares Ernesto, Ph.D. in Politics, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
Full and associate professors
- Barrios Luis, Ph.D Universidad Carlos Albizu, Puerto Rico - City University of New York, USA
- Carranza César, Ph.D. (c) FLACSO Ecuador
- Casado Fernando, Dr. Universidad de La Laguna, España
- Díaz Matey Gustavo, Dr. Universidad Complutense de Madrid, España - Universidad Complutense de Madrid, España
- Follari Roberto, Ph.D. National University of San Luis, Argentina - National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Jacks Nilda, Ph.D. University of Sao Paulo, Brasil - Federal University of Río Grande del Sur, Brazil
- Jaramillo Grace, Ph.D. Queen´s University, Canadá - University of British Columbia, Canadá
- Lechini Gladys, Dra. Universidad de Sao Paulo, Brasil - Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
- Marroquín Amparo, Ph.D. Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas, El Salvador
- Morasso Carla, Dra. Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina – Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
- Moreno Javier, Dr. Universidad de Sevilla - Ciespal Ecuador
- Shaw Timothy, Ph.D. Princeton University, EEUU - Universidad de Massachusetts, Boston, EEUU
- Tussie Diana, Ph.D. London School of Economics, Reino Unido - FLACSO Argentina