Research Master's Programs - Public Policies 2019-2021
Who is it for?
Graduate students from the disciplines of Social Sciences (Political Science, Economics, Sociology, Anthropology, Law, Management, International Relations), or related branches. Researchers or people who already have professional experience in public, private or associative sector, who wish to analyze certain aspects for the development of research or for the improvement of their professional activities in the field of public policy.
Researcher specialized in public policy and governance issues. University professor in public policies. Advisor in public policies for central government agencies, sciences agencies, nongovernmental organizations, cooperation agencies and other public and private organizations.
In order to get a Master’s degree, students must complete 64 credits in total, divided in:
- 12 courses of four credits each with a total of 48 credits
- A research workshop of twelve credits
- 4 credits for the production and presentation of the master's thesis.
Class scheduleMonday to Friday from 07h00 to 09h00. Some courses can be taught from Monday to Thursday from 17h00 to 20h00.
|Formación general||Teoría de las políticas públicas|
|Políticas económicas y desarrollo|
|Teorías del Estado
|Sociología de las organizaciones
|Análisis de políticas públicas
|Redes de políticas públicas
||Métodos de análisis cualitativo|
|Métodos de análisis cuantitativo|
|Talleres de tesis||Taller de Tesis I, II y III|
|Optativas del programa**||Políticas sociales|
|Problemas de políticas tecnológicas
|Diseño de políticas públicas|
|Políticas públicas comparadas
||Economía y finanzas públicas|
** The students in addition can choose for the set of courses that offer FLACSO's different educational programs.
Lines of investigation
- State, constitution and rights
- Policy Networks
- Design of public policies
- Urban governance
- Social policies and development
- Sociology of public action
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification by a duly certified higher education institution.
- Ability to read and understand texts in English.
- Have the means to finance the studies and study them with due dedication.
- Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
- Comply with all the specific requirements of the teaching
program to which you apply and those indicated in the 'Application
of the online application form.
All applicants will enter a selection process. Through the website: www.flacso.edu.ec, applicants must complete the application online, attach all required documentation and send it to FLACSO Ecuador. Selected applicants will be interviewed by FLACSO professors.
Stipend scholarships and financial assistance
FLACSO Ecuador has a scholarship and financial assistance policy for students admitted into its Master's programs. The policy is shaped by criteria of academic performance and by the socio-economic situation of the applicants.
- Application Deadline: until May 31, 2019
- Entrance exam: June 15 (saturday)
- Interviews to preselected: from June 24 to July 5
- Admission information: July 18
- Admission decisions: August 15
- Registration period: from September 19 to October 3
- Extraordinary registrations: October 4 to 18
- First day of classes: October 21, 2019
CostAdmission application: $ 30
Registration fee: $ 500
Tuition: $ 8 500
Students who pay tuition in cash have a discount of 5% (only in case of pay in cash or in check, with credit card discount does not exist).
Students can pay tuition up to 30 monthly installments without interest.
Students can pay tuition with credit cards, three months interest free or twelve months with interests.
Information:Profesora: Margarita Manosalvas - email@example.com
Asistente: Cristina Manosalvas - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Albornoz María Belén, Ph.D. en Social Sciences, National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Córdova Marco, Ph.D. (c) in Social Science with specialization in Andean Studies, FLACSO Ecuador
- Durán Gustavo, Ph.D. in Urban Studies, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
- Espinosa Betty, Ph.D. in Economical Science and Management, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium
- Fontaine Guillaume, Ph.D. in Sociology, University Paris III, Post-doctorate in Political Science, Sciences Po, France
- Janoschka Michael, Ph.D. University of Frankfurt, Alemania - FLACSO Ecuador
- Manosalvas Margarita, Dra. en Ciencias Sociales con especialización en Estudios Políticos, FLACSO Ecuador
- Mejía Andrés, Ph.D. University of Notre Dame, EEUU
- Narváez Iván, Ph.D. in Law, Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador
- Rojas Ramiro, Ph.D. in Urban and Regional Planning, Universidad Federal de Río de Janeiro, Brazil
- Sabatini Francisco, Ph.D. University of California at San Francisco, EEUU
- Subirats Joan, Dr. Universidad de Barcelona, España
Full and associate professors
- Barba Solano Carlos, Dr. Universidad de Guadalajara, México - Universidad de Guadalajara, México
- Beach Derek, Ph.D. University of Southern Denmark - Aarhus University, Dinamarca
- Lora-Tamayo Marta, Dra. Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia-UNED, España - UNED
- Martí Marc, Ph.D. in Public Policy and Social Transformation, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Périlleux Thomas, Dr. EHESS, París, Francia - Universidad Católica de Lovaina, Bélgica
- Peters Guy, Ph.D. Michigan State University, EEUU -University of Pittsburgh, EEUU
- Roth André-Noél, Dr. Université de Genève, Suiza - Universidad Nacional de Colombia
- Thomas Hernán, Dr. Universidad de Campinas, Brasil - Universidad Nacional de Quilmes, Argentina
- Tronco José del, Dr. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México - FLACSO México