Research Master's Programs - Rural Territorial Development 2019-2021
Who is it for?
To graduates students in Social Sciences (Economics, Sociology, Anthropology) and also in Agronomy and Geography. The students must have interest in research and to articulate experiences of rural and regional development. Also, the master is aimed at professionals with experience working with local governments, NGOs and regional development.
Researcher specialized in rural territorial development issues. Adviser to governments on formulation of rural development programs. Advisor to international, regional and local governments in rural territories.
In order to get a Master’s degree, students must complete 64 credits in total, divided in:
- 12 courses of four credits each with a total of 48 credits
- A research workshop of twelve credits
- 4 credits for the production and presentation of the master's thesis.
|Formación general|| Economía agraria
|Teorías del desarrollo|
|Especialización||Territorio y desarrollo rural
|Geografía y territorio rural
|Teorías del desarrollo rural
|Gobernanza y ordenamiento territorial
|Talleres de tesis||Taller de tesis I, II y III|
|Optativas del programa**||Economía de los recursos naturales y medio ambiente|
|Soberanía alimentaria y sostenibilidad
|Capital social y territorio
** The students in addition can choose for the set of courses that offer FLACSO's different educational programs.
Lines of investigation
- Socio-spatial transformations of the rural territory
- Sociology of territory
- Food sovereignty and sustainability
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification by a duly certified higher education institution.
- Ability to read and understand texts in English.
- Have the means to finance the studies and study them with due dedication.
- Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
- Comply with all the specific requirements of the teaching
program to which you apply and those indicated in the 'Application
of the online application form.
All applicants will enter a selection process. Through the website: www.flacso.edu.ec, applicants must complete the application online, attach all required documentation and send it to FLACSO Ecuador. Selected applicants will be interviewed by FLACSO professors.
Stipend scholarships and financial assistance
FLACSO Ecuador has a scholarship and financial assistance policy for students admitted into its Master's programs. The policy is shaped by criteria of academic performance and by the socio-economic situation of the applicants.
- Application Deadline: until May 31, 2019
- Entrance exam: June 15 (saturday)
- Interviews to preselected: from June 24 to July 5
- Admission information: July 18
- Admission decisions: August 15
- Registration period: from September 19 to October 3
- Extraordinary registrations: October 4 to 18
- First day of classes: October 21, 2019
CostAdmission application: $ 30
Registration fee: $ 500
Tuition: $ 8 500
Students who pay tuition in cash have a discount of 5% (only in case of pay in cash or in check, with credit card discount does not exist).
Students can pay tuition up to 30 monthly installments without interest.
Students can pay tuition with credit cards, three months interest free or twelve months with interests.
- Bustamante Teodoro, Ph.D. in Human and Natural Environment in Social Sciences, University of Salamanca
- Dutt Amitava, Ph.D. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, EEUU
- Falconí Fander, Ph.D. in Ecological Economics, Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, Spain
- Fernández Juan, Ph.D. Innovation Economy, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Spain
- Jácome Hugo, Dr. (c) Universidad Santiago de Compostela, España
- Kay Cristobal, Ph.D. University of Sussex, Brighton, Inglaterra - ISS, Holanda/FLACSO Ecuador
- Krainer Anita, Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Vienna, Austria
- Latorre Sara, Dra. Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona, España
- López María Fernanda, Ph.D. in Human Geography, Universidad de Ratisbona, Germany
- Martín Fernando, Ph.D. in Economics, University of Salamanca, Spain
- Martínez Luciano, Ph.D. in Sociology, University of Paris III, Sorbonne Nouvelle, France
- Oosterbeek Hessel, Ph.D. Universidad de Ámsterdam, Holanda
- Paredes Myriam, Ph.D. in Rural Development Sociology, University of Wageningen, Holland
- Pérez Wilson, Ph.D. en Economía, Cornell University, EEUU
- Ponce Juan, Ph.D. in Development Studies, Institute of Social Studies, Holland
- Vallejo María Cristina, Ph.D. in Development Economics, FLACSO Ecuador
- Vallejo Ivette, Ph.D. in Social Science, Universidade de Brasilia, Brazil
- Vera Leonardo, Ph.D. Universidad de Londres, Inglaterra - Universidad Central de Venezuela
- Vos Rob, Ph.D. en Economía, Universidad Libre de Ámsterdam, Holanda
Full and associate professors
- Aguiar Víctor, Ph.D. Brown University, EEUU - University of Western, EEUU
- Bedoya Eduardo, Ph.D. Universidad del Estado de Nueva York, EEUU - Universidad del Pacífico, Perú
- Cajas John, M.A. FLACSO Ecuador - Universidad Central del Ecuador
- Carrillo Paúl, Ph.D. University of Virginia, EEUU - The George Washington University, EEUU
- Chiasson-Lebel Thomas, Ph.D. Universidad de York, Toronto, Canadá -Universidad de California, Santa Cruz, EEUU
- Curiazi Roberta, Dra. Universidad de Bologna, Italia - Universidad de Bologna, Italia
- de los Reyes Juan Carlos, Dr. Universidad Karl Franzens, Alemania - Escuela Politécnica Nacional, Ecuador
- Favareto Arilson, Dr. Universidade de São Paulo, Brasil - Universidade Federal do ABC São Paulo, Brasil
- Martínez Diego, Ph.D. Universidad de París SACLAY, Francia - Universidad San Francisco de Quito, Ecuador
- Missaglia Marco, Ph.D. in Economics, University of Pavia, Italy
- Oleas Julio, Dr. Universidad Andina Simón Bolívar, Ecuador - Instituto de Altos Estudios Nacionales, Ecuador