Research Master's Programs - Communication and Public Opinion 2019-2021
Master´s program on Communication and Public Opinion seeks to train professionals with solid research tools capable of producing knowledge about communication in Ecuador and Latin America, in order to develop academic research, teaching and professional tasks, with special interest in reflection, research and construction of scientific knowledge from processes linked to political communication and public opinion.
Who is it for?
This program is directed to train academic researchers concerned in the discussion and construction of knowledge about issues, processes and communication practices. To university professors from the field of social communication, professionals and responsible of communication at all levels of public administration, private organizations and members of civil society working in the field of communication, as well as directors and journalists of mass media interested in analyzing, and theorizing their practice.
Graduates may enter academic research, university teaching and specialized advice. They will be able to produce academically and socially relevant knowledge in the field of social communication, political communication and public opinion. They can formulate problems, plans and research projects from a critical perspective, committed to the Ecuadorian and Latin American reality. They will be able to design, develop and evaluate training programs in these transdisciplinary problematic fields.
In order to get a Master’s degree, students must complete 64 credits in total, divided in:
- 12 courses of four credits each with a total of 48 credits
- A research workshop of twelve credits
- 4 credits for the production and presentation of the master's thesis.
|Formación general||Epistemología de la comunicación
|Teoría de la comunicación
|Especialización||Medios, comunicación y opinión pública
|Opinión pública y democracia
|Comunicación política I
|Comunicación política II
||Instrumentos de análisis cualitativo|
|Instrumentos de análisis cuantitativo
|Investigación de la comunicación en América Latina|
|Talleres de tesis||Taller de Tesis I, II y III|
|Optativas del programa**||Comunicación y cultura|
|Análisis del discurso de medios
* Certain matters might be subject to changes.
** The students in addition can choose for the set of courses that offer FLACSO's different educational programs.
Lines of investigation
- Globalization and youth
- Means and power
- Communication and global studies
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent certification by a duly certified higher education institution.
- Ability to read and understand texts in English.
- Have the means to finance the studies and study them with due dedication.
- Completion of an academic aptitude exam.
- Comply with all the specific requirements of the teaching
program to which you apply and those indicated in the 'Application
of the online application form.
All applicants will enter a selection process. Through the website: www.flacso.edu.ec, applicants must complete the application online, attach all required documentation and send it to FLACSO Ecuador. Selected applicants will be interviewed by FLACSO professors.
Stipend scholarships and financial assistance
FLACSO Ecuador has a scholarship and financial assistance policy for students admitted into its Master's programs. The policy is shaped by criteria of academic performance and by the socio-economic situation of the applicants.
- Application Deadline: until May 31, 2019
- Entrance exam: June 15 (saturday)
- Interviews to preselected: from June 24 to July 5
- Admission information: July 18
- Admission decisions: August 15
- Registration period: from September 19 to October 3
- Extraordinary registrations: October 4 to 18
- First day of classes: October 21, 2019
CostAdmission application: $ 30
Registration fee: $ 500
Tuition: $ 8 500
Students who pay tuition in cash have a discount of 5% (only in case of pay in cash or in check, with credit card discount does not exist).
Students can pay tuition up to 30 monthly installments without interest.
Students can pay tuition with credit cards, three months interest free or twelve months with interests.
Information:Teacher: Palmira Chavero - firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant: Vanessa Bonilla - email@example.com
- Bonilla Adrián, Ph.D. in International Relations, University of Miami, USA
- Cerbino Mauro, Ph.D. in Urban Anthropology, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Spain
- Chavero Palmira, Ph.D. in Communication Science and Sociology, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain
- Estay Jaime, Ph.D. Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México - Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, México
- Guamán Adoración, Dra. Universidad de Valencia, España
- Mouly Cécile, Ph.D. in International Studies, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Quiliconi Cintia, Ph.D. in Political Science and International Relations, University of Southern California, USA
- Ramos Isabel, Ph.D. in Social Science, National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Rivera Fredy, Ph.D. in Sociology, National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Salgado Raúl, Ph.D. in Political Science and International Studies, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Sel Susana, Ph.D. University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Vásquez Werner, Dr. FLACSO Ecuador
- Vivares Ernesto, Ph.D. in Politics, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom
Full and associate professors
- Barrios Luis, Ph.D Universidad Carlos Albizu, Puerto Rico - City University of New York, USA
- Carranza César, Ph.D. (c) FLACSO Ecuador
- Casado Fernando, Dr. Universidad de La Laguna, España
- Díaz Matey Gustavo, Dr. Universidad Complutense de Madrid, España - Universidad Complutense de Madrid, España
- Follari Roberto, Ph.D. National University of San Luis, Argentina - National University of Cuyo, Argentina
- Jacks Nilda, Ph.D. University of Sao Paulo, Brasil - Federal University of Río Grande del Sur, Brazil
- Jaramillo Grace, Ph.D. Queen´s University, Canadá - University of British Columbia, Canadá
- Lechini Gladys, Dra. Universidad de Sao Paulo, Brasil - Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
- Marroquín Amparo, Ph.D. Universidad Centroamericana José Simeón Cañas, El Salvador
- Morasso Carla, Dra. Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina – Universidad Nacional de Rosario, Argentina
- Moreno Javier, Dr. Universidad de Sevilla - Ciespal Ecuador
- Shaw Timothy, Ph.D. Princeton University, EEUU - Universidad de Massachusetts, Boston, EEUU
- Tussie Diana, Ph.D. London School of Economics, Reino Unido - FLACSO Argentina